Thursday, December 08, 2011

Nursery

I've been meaning to write about Isaac starting nursery since he did last month, but haven't got round to it. Today was his sixth session and I was asked to fill in a little bit on a sheet for his first five sessions record which was the catalyst I needed to prod me into action.

Click to enlarge

I had originally wanted him to go to a different nursery, but I missed out on getting him a place by two lousy  weeks! Imagine the frustration when I phoned up! So that's it for the year now. I shall see about getting him on the waiting list for when he turns three, but for now he attends our local day nursery twice a week for four and half hours at a time.

We went to look round the nursery in early November. As soon as we got there he was off! Quite happily played with the toys while I went on a tour with the admin lady. We arranged his two two hour settling in sessions for the following week and those went just fine. The tears started when I picked him up from his first session. The next time we went he saw the nursery gates and clung to me like a limpet shaking and crying that he didn't want to go and he didn't like it. It was so horribly traumatic for both of us that I wondered if I'd made the right decision - I went home and cried for half an hour straight and I know it took him a long time to settle that day. 

Since then it has been easier to drop him off at each session and today he wasn't upset at all!

He LOVES nursery now. When I pick him up he happily jabbers away the whole walk home about what he's been doing and what he likes. He made cakes today! The staff all love him and comment on how good his manners are. He thanked one of them for changing his pooey nappy today! Apparently they've been trying to take photos of him playing, but every time he sees the camera he scrunches his face up in his funny grin or he doesn't see the camera and looks deadly serious while concentrating. Bless.

So, it seems to be going well. PHEW!!

And we're still friends, he even tells me he loves me now *mummy gush*


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to know who visits us online, take a minute to say hi!