Thursday, September 30, 2010

Shoes!

Isaac has been pulling himself up on various things for a while now so, after consulting with a few Mums, I decided to take the plunge and buy him his first little pair of shoes!

There are different perspectives on children and shoes. Some say they aren't necessary until a child is ready to walk outside, other people seem to have them in mini Timberland boots & Converse from birth. We made a point of not buying pram shoes because A) they aren't necessary & B) they don't help the development of baby feet.


I still intend to keep him barefoot at home and, now, shoes on when we're out & about. I think the grip will help him when we're out, socks can be a bit slippy.


He was so funny in the shop. He beamed like a loon when the lady put his shoes on. Then I helped him stand for his photo; every time she went to take the picture he looked down at his shoes & then looked up, grinning. Then down again, then up again, beaming. I thought I was going to cry when she put them on him. It might not seem like a lot to you, but shoes are apparently a big first for us.

1 comment:

We love to know who visits us online, take a minute to say hi!